Thursday 27 November 2008

HeadsupMofo! Kvnstv and Squirmys Excellent HUP Adventure

Early this year (2008) I found myself (KVNSTV) in a bit of a poker rut, I had a history as a successful online tournament player making a solid 2-4 thousand each year playing the $5 games. I was a bottom feeder who gloried in a lovely ROI at the lowest limits but refused to challenge himself by moving up.

I decided to take some shot’s, I made a few quid and cashed out then did it again. I then bust which is inevitable if you disregard bank roll management. So chatting with my friend Squirmy on the UKPL forum we came up with this plan for me to try to master one form of poker and push myself up the ladder. He deposited $120 in an account and I would play the $5 head-sup sit and go’s never risking more than 5% of this bankroll and moving up to the next level every time I had 20 buy-ins.

After about 4-5 weeks I reached $360 and suggested that we split the money up, he takes his original deposit back. We transfer $120 to one account and he would play that and I would continue to play on another account. The idea being that this was now a joint bankroll and challenge to both become the best heads-up players we could by sweating each other and sharing ideas.

So that’s where we are at.

No comments: