Thursday 27 November 2008

All about me me me

Hopefully, this post should alert you to the fact that there are two of us blogging. KVNSTV and me, Squirmy. I'll start with a little introduction about myself to put you in the picture. Personally, I think this sort of shit is boring but tbh, I wouldn't read my blog as you'll probably come to realise that I'm a bit of a tit.

I too am one of pokers bottom feeders, although like Kev, I couldn't even claim to be a hugely winning player. I don't withdraw regularly but I don't deposit either and I've had the odd decent cashout from a few MTT wins and cashes. I do have better self awareness than most poker players at my level though and to this end I've stopped blaming luck for my lack of progress and started blaming myself. I'd read poker books for fun but then could never be bothered to discuss a villains 3 bet range and 4 bet shove fold equity on 2+2 zzzzzzzzzzz. That's it with me you see. Poker is a hobby, I like it, I like the challenge and I love playing live but I'm too much of an arse to really make the effort to make something of myself. 

The first thing that started me off with poker was the UKPI/UKPP/UKPL forum, this was the starting point for me, introducing me to a group of poker friends that remain with me today. I had a great time spamming the forum with nonsense about theoretical biscuit debate, making immature penis jokes and pretending to be a homosexual German, but although my poker enthusiasm went through the roof, for which i'll be eternally grateful, my poker ability pretty much stayed at it's ameoba type level.

A while back I took some massive steps to improve my game with the good help of my online chums Balloo and inavacuum. These two people have given me the foundation of a game that stands me in good stead for a while to come and could get me to being a mid stakes grinder given plenty of effort on my part but as I've got a busy work life, a young family and a mild alcohol problem, once I realised that I couldn't just cruise to playing 3/6 six max within a month and that I'd either have to wait to fund a decent bankroll myself, and spent a huge amount of time both playing and learning then I realised that's something for the future. I want to get back to playing poker for fun, not just making sure I play x thousand hands per month at a 5+PTBB/100 win rate for a massive profit of $100. So now i think I'll move back to the odd satellite for a big score, the od $5 donkament on a Friday night with a crate of Becks and a bottle of Red :-).

So then Kev comes up with the idea of the HUP challenge. Now I'm not a person to turn down free money and I know a bullshitter when i see one, so I know that this is just easy money for me as come what may, good old Kev will bail me out of the shit, and will also go a long way to making me a better player. I've always been shite at HUP and half my problem with poker is that I get bored of a lack of action to the point where I'm playing 6 * 6 max tables when I'm only really good enough to play three. So from my POV I get to freeroll playing HUP poker with a good mate, and will probably end up with a bankroll to let me get back to moving up a couple of levels at cash poker. Perfect.

So that's the boring shit out of the way. Next update:- I fucking hate HUP and I've got a gerbil stuck in my arse. (Sorry but Eastenders taught me that I need to leave you wanting to read more)

Peace out homies.

No comments: